Sunday, December 14, 2014

Old Revelations - August 14, 2006

Today I believe:


  1. That the universe really exists
  2. That a conscious mind influences it
  3. That although my spiritual beliefs might require extending beyond reason and scientific knowledge, they will not ever require contradicting them
  4. That no matter how little I understand about the divine mind, He-She-It-or-They know all they need to and don't require my understanding or belief to operate everything as it ought to be done.
I am in the process of examining the world's various religious traditions to see if any fit with what I already know of my beliefs. I might find one that clicks for me. I might end up right back where I started as a child - "Jesus loves me; this I know. for the bible tells me so."

I expect what I'll probably find is that all of them contain a part of the divine revelation, but that in the end I'll have to be content with what little faith I have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment